Virtual PLC Class
PROFESSIONAL LEARNING COMMUNITY (PLC)
FREE Virtual Class
November 2017 – April 2018
REGISTRATION OPEN NOW!
Feeling isolated as the only teacher in your subject/level at your school? Frustrated with PD that feels meaningless and disconnected from your classroom? From your students? Looking for ways to integrate meaningful technology into your classroom? This is your class.
The Virtual PLC class is a pilot course designed BY teachers FOR teachers and completed WITH teachers. Teachers will join a cohort of teachers in the same content area (High School Science, 4th Grade, Social Studies, etc.) in order to share best practices, strategies, and resources. Course topics will be determined by teachers and will explore their strengths as educators while developing and refining skills to improve student achievement. Then, meeting virtually once per month, teachers will collaboratively share ideas, best practices, and resources around this topic. Professional Development credit is available through VCSU and NDSU. Class is FREE; credits extra.
Registration is now open for the Virtual PLC Class!
Follow these enrollment instructions:
- Click on this TeacherLine link.
- Enter VPLC in the Promo Code box on the left.
- TECH700 Virtual PLC should appear in a box on the bottom of your page. (If not click on “Course Catalogue” and then click on “See All Courses” to see TECH700 Virtual PLC)
- Click on Details/Enroll to see the full Virtual PLC course description.
- Click on the Enroll button.
- If you have not already created a PBS TeacherLine account, you will be prompted to do so. Follow the instructions to create an account.
- Once you are set up in TeacherLine, your courses will appear on your homepage.
- Click on the Tech 700: Virtual PLC link to enter the class and familiarize yourself with the course information
- You’re ready to start your Virtual PLC experience.
You can also join our Facebook group at www.facebook.com/groups/